Instruire & ConsultantaInstruire & Consultanta Courses
Requirements and Characterization of Electrical and Electronics Assemblies
8. Certified IPC Specialist in IPC-A-600 "Acceptability of Printed Boards"
The IPC-A-600 describes preferred, acceptable, and nonconforming conditions-externally or internally observable on printed boards. Use the IPC-A-600 to ensure quality of your bare boards. This 3-day, lectured course utilizes the images in the IPC-A-600 document to discuss the internally and externally observable characteristics as well as flexible printed circuits, rigid, metal core and flush printed boards.
- Identifying laminate defects before they're a problem
- Identifying drill and hole plating defects
- Dealing with registration problems with solder masks
- Rejecting inferior incoming materials
- Shipping quality products
- Understanding and interpreting industry standards and specifications Improving SPC gathering skills
- General Overview
- Terms and Definitions
- Acceptance Criteria
- Externally Observable Characteristics
- Board Edges
- Base Material Surface and Subsurface
- Solder Coatings and Fused Tin Lead
- Holes Plated Through and Unsupported
- Printed Contacts
- Solder Resist
- Dimensional Characteristics
- Internally Observable Characteristics
- Dielectric Materials
- Conductive Patterns
- Plated Through - Holes (General, Drilled, Punched)
- Flex Printed Circuit & Metal Core
- Flexible Printed Circuits
- Rigid - Flex Printed Boards
- Metal Core Printed Boards
- Flush Printed Boards
- Cleanliness Testing
- Solderability Testing
- Electrical Integrity
DAY 3 (ONE HALF DAY)
- Course Summary/Review
- Open Book Examination
- Closed Book Examination
- Instructor/Student Conference
- IPC-A-600 Standard
- IPC-A-600 Student Handbook
- IPC Certificate of Training
400 EUR/participant (the fee includes all original documents from IPC).
Maximum number of participants is 15.
One final exam will be used at the end of the course to evaluate the performance. The exam is divided in two parts, one Open Book Examination and one Closed Book examination.
Who should attend
This being an advance course, anyone responsible for determining the quality and reliability of printed wiring board products should become certified. This includes quality supervisors, engineers, manufacturing supervisors and users of printed wiring boards.
|7. Requirements and Characterization of Electrical and Electronics Assemblies - IPC/EIA J-STD-001 Certified IPC Specialist/"Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies"|
|9. Requirements and Characterization of Electrical and Electronics Assemblies - IPC 7711&7721 Certified IPC Specialist/"Rework of Electronic Assemblies Repair and Modification of Printed Boards and Electronic Assemblies"|